The Department startedfunctioning in the year 2006. UG (B.Sc Physics) course was started in 2006-07academic year and the first batch passed out in 2009.
Continued : 1. PMCs (physics , mathematics,computer science)
2. PCM (physics , chemistry,mathematics)
Effective Teaching Learning process, Empowerstudents mind with novel scientific ideas, Motivate students to pursue higherstudies in Physics, Develop research aptitude, Encourage co -curricularand extra curricular activities, Build up leadership qualities , Inculcatevalues like dedication, social commitment , hard work, truthfulness, selfrespect, respect for one another, team work …..
Thedepartment has well equipped B.Sc lab. B.Sc lab has verysophisticated instruments . B.SC classes are ICT enabled with LCDprojectors, Internet connection etc. In addition to the generallibrary the department has a department library which offers the students morethan125 books which are related to physics.
· To Excel in Quality Based Science Education.
· To provide acomprehensive undergraduate physics degree program.
· To encourage facultyand student research.
· To prepare studentsfor their future educational and career challenges Mission.
· The Physicsdepartment in its curriculum and its student centered research projectsendeavors to fulfill the immediate and future needs and interests of a varietyof students.
· The Departmentprovides a full spectrum of courses coupled with mentoring and researchopportunities are provided for physics
· The Departmentprovides courses that enhance their skills.
· Through engagement,innovation, partnering and synergy to advance our understanding of theatmosphere, its basic science and its application, for the benefits of all.